Monday, August 23, 2010

A Kitchen Tip and Update to Previous Post



Eeek! I forgot to dry off the counter! I just thought I would share a tip about dish soap and add another picture of hanging flowers to go with previous post.
Do you love those really nice expensive dish soaps/hand soaps at your store?
Well I do! I have a much cheaper more thrifty way of doing though....... I use an old olive oil bottle and I buy Kirkland Environmentally Friendly dish soap that comes in this HUGE bottle 135 oz. for $7.89. It last me about six months, and it has a fresh lemon smell that I love.
I also really love essential oils, especially Lavender. Tonight I needed to re-fill my jar. The tip of the olive oil bottle is small, so what I do is add 3/4 soap to the bottle a bit of water to thin it, and then for the good part..... Lavender Oil! I added 5 to 6 drops because I love it! I guess you could custom this to your liking though.
I periodically buy essential oils from my local health food store. This is a nice way to use them, as you get the aromatherapy benefits while you are doing your dishes.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love the flower swag in front of your window... very pretty! I just might try that!
    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too Jo, thanks for the compliment:)

    ReplyDelete