Friday, August 27, 2010

Junk Collection








I've been looking for a new mirror, sense I sold my last one at a yard sale I had a year ago. Today was my lucky day! I went to one of my favorite clients house this morning, and she was going to put this in a yard sale for $10.00 dollars so I had to snatch it up! I'm not really into a lot of gold, so I was thinking of painting it black, and then using some antiquing rub that I found at Michael's to bronze the edges of the engraving. Then as an added bonus she did not want this cute little vintage lamp. I think it is just darling. I can't decide though..... should I paint it off white on the wooden part and put some pink edging around the shade and give to my girls?

Or should I paint the wood black and add fix up the shade to go in my office? Would you paint it white or black?

Also last week I found this dish, I'm not sure what It really was meant for originally but I thought it might be a great place to put my key's when I get in the door,( the bottom of it says made in England) I bought it for $2.00 dollars at a local thrift store called Secret Seconds. Its a store in town that is owned by the YWCA, and all the things you buy at the thrift store are donated to help women and families in crisis. The vintage table runner was also purchased there for $1.00 dollar.

I have to say this whole thing of collecting started when I decided to paint my kitchen and living room this summer. It was a really ugly denim blue and clashed with all my decor. Now that it is painted I am much happier! Anyhow I'm trying to decorate above my fireplace in the living room and I'm thinking of taking down the pictures and adding the mirror when finished.

What do you think blogger friends? What would you do with the Mirror, and Lamp?





3 comments:

  1. Great finds! I think the lamp would look great either way but my personal preference is white or off white. Just my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice items! I love the dish.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments.:), yeah I really think I should do white on the lamp. The base is white marble.

    ReplyDelete