Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hollyhocks, Bachelor's Buttons, and Black Eyed Susans







I just thought I would share some pictures of a few of my favorite flowers that I have been waiting patiently to bloom.

Of the hollyhocks that I planted so far this year, I have pink, yellow,red, and wine colored flowers. I took a picture of the pink because I love it's blooms.

The bachelors buttons have taken a long time to bloom but I think they are worth the wait. I picked a deep purple, and a lilac shaded one the other day. I see some pink and light colored ones with buds getting ready to bloom, I'm sure they will be pretty.

The black eyed susan flower is another unexpected flower to join the bed. I must have planted it last year, I do recall using a mixture of perennials and annuals. I probly picked a bunch of the black eyed susan's thinking they were weeds. Nice to have one though!

Hope you like the pictures!:)

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful! I love the bachelors buttons! That's the first I've heard of that one... just love the color. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete